Email templates are a newly added feature where you can customize various email templates, such as Account Activation, New Account – B2B/B2C, Forgotten Password and Successful Order Confirmation.
This feature may not be available on your web store. To enable it, please reach out to commercebuild Customer Success to ensure that this module is activated. There is no additional charge for this feature.
Once the feature is enabled, it is shown in the admin dashboard under Content Management panel.
On Email Templates screen, click New Email Template to create a new email template.
Add a New Template
The following is a step-by-step description on how to create different email templates:
- On Add New Template screen, enter a title and choose a template from the Type dropdown and click Save.
- The Edit Template screen offers features to add and customize the content by leveraging the Content Grid functionality. You can preview the design by clicking Preview. When you are done with the changes, toggle ON the Published button to publish the email template.
- Next, click Add Container. This newly added container can be edited to adjust the number of columns it should occupy and also the style that will apply to the contents of the container.
- Lastly, click Edit Content button to add modules which are relevant for the selected email template. Once done, click Save to apply your changes.
Explore Different Templates
Different email templates have some compulsory modules which should be included. Following guidance will help create those specific email templates:
- New Account – B2B or B2C, see our tutorial on How to create New Account email template.
- Account Activation, see our tutorial on How to create Account Activation email template.
- Forgotten Password, see our tutorial on How to create Forgotten Password email template.
- Successful Order, see our tutorial on How to create Order Confirmation email template.