commercebuild has recently begun upgrading web stores from Sync 1 to Sync 2, which is our improved replication software that keeps your web store up-to-date with your ERP. In this article, we’ll go over some of the advantages of Sync 2, as well as a couple of the upcoming features.
Sync 2 Advantages
Sync 2 has several advantages when compared to Sync 1:
- Reliable and Efficient – The synchronization process is architected differently for maximum efficiency. For example, Sync 2 automatically checks to ensure “Change Tracking” is enabled on database tables. If it is not enabled, it will re-enable it automatically.
- Large Data Sets – It can handle massive sets of data without timing out.
- Fast Replication – It can support faster replication frequencies, down to one minute.
- Sync Mapper Data Control – It allows commercebuild greater control over the destination of ERP data in the web store via the Sync Mapper. In turn, this control can help us customize how and where certain data from the ERP is displayed and accessed in the web store.
- Special Characters – Sync 2 natively supports characters with accents, such as
Sync 2 Upcoming Features
That said, Sync 1 offers a couple of features that Sync 2 and the web store currently do not support:
- Replication Logs – While the data isn’t visible in the web store, you can always reach out to Customer Success if you have concerns about data replication. Additionally, we monitor to ensure that replication is on-going for all web stores and proactively reach out to you if there are issues.
- Automated Failed Replication Email Notifications – Currently, if we see issues, we will contact you directly, but these emails are not automated. We anticipate support being built for these notifications in the future.
To get your web store upgraded to Sync 2 at no extra charge, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be glad to assist.